Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Pros and Cons of the Medifast Diet

I've been on Medifast since last fall and have lost over 75 pounds, so I think I'm pretty qualified to write about this subject. Overall I am very satisfied with: the diet that made my experience with it, and my results on it. But, I am often asked my honest opinion about the pros and cons. So if I have them around, that's what it should be:

Medifast Pros:

1. The system is very easy and convenient. The company has really taken all the work and the enumeration ofof the equation. There are no points or calories overall. You are there "safe" prepared foods that you eat five times a day. Then take a greater "lean and green" meal on your own. For the most part is to pack the food and go. Some of the options require only the removal, the wrapping or poking a straw into the box, while some require only minimal training and installation (usually less than two minutes).

2. The system is very effective. This diet works because it is low in calories,low carb and high protein content. To ensure that your body is in a metabolic state called ketosis in which your body is burning its own fat cheated, because carbohydrates are available for it. In my experience, when you are on this diet according to the statement, with a constant and steady weight loss will be rewarded.

3. The food is not the typical low-carb fare, and are nutritionally sound. I had much success on Atkins, but I finally could not standMeat, eggs and fats all the time. I also have on the amount of fat and cholesterol I was consuming concern. Medifast offers carb, dessert and snack-type foods in the form of shakes, pudding, oatmeal, to the crackers, cappuccino, hot chocolate, to name a few. (There are over 70 food choices.) The food is fortified with vitamins and minerals and are really low in fat and cholesterol. So, you're always a low-carb diet without the pain that goes with it. The food tastespretty decent.

Medifast Cons:

1. You can use a period for adjustment, if you are a "gourmet." If you plan to cook and love of refined dishes, this can be for a while to get used to it. Yes, you can your imagination with "lean and green" meal, but you have to work on this and you get only use this opportunity to once per day. There are recipes to enable you to make the plan of the food in cookies, muffins and cakes, but they are quite simple.

2. If you have a family,You need to either make a separate meal or to encourage them to go lean and green. Most people eat their main meal for dinner (although they always have), so you either make a separate meal for yourself or together with you. (This is usually true with a diet, though.) I have put my family on a healthy, lean dinner. I usually only use an indoor grill for the meat and use packaged salads and stir fries. I sometimes make pasta peanut butter just for them,but that's as far as I go. Sure, they balked at first, but now they are accustomed to and it's better for them anyway.

3. I know many people consider whether to buy extra food to con one, so I will list it here. But I would argue that medifast is very cost effective ($ 8 - $ 10 per day or less with coupons / specials), if you remember to eat five times a day. Around $ 300 for one months worth of food is not break to bank, especially when you consider the cost of food and gas today. II think actually save money on this diet because I no longer buy or junk my lunch outside of work, which was very expensive and not good for me at all.



stomach flattening exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment